Request for assistance: University of California Chinese heritage curriculum guidelines - IMMEDIATE DEADLINE

McGinnis, Scott smcginnis at nflc.org
Thu Nov 14 14:51:17 UTC 2002

The UC (University of California) Consortium For Language Learning And
Teaching hosted a Heritage Language Institute in UCLA in the summer of
2002. A group of UC representatives worked hard on the draft of the UC
Heritage Guidelines. Ruohmei Hiseh from UC Irvine and I are honored to
serve on the Review Committee to this important document.

It was great news for us to know that UCLA has just received an NEH
grant (Principal Investigators: Olga Kagan and Russ Campbell) to work on
the heritage curriculum. As the Chinese representatives to the
committee, one of our jobs is to provide the committee the current
situations in the Chinese Heritage Language teaching field, for example,
the existing programs and future needs.

If you are willing, please contact either me
(lhnelson at uclink.berkeley.edu) or Scott McGinnis (smcginnis at nflc.org)
for a copy of the survey form, which we can then send to you via e-mail
attachment. If you can take a few minutes to fill out the attached short
survey, it will be of great help to us. In addition, please feel free to
pass this survey to teachers who you think would offer suggestions to
us. We will email you back the result of our survey.

We know it is short notice, but if you can fill it out and return it to
us as soon as possible, preferably by Nov 14th , it will be of best help
to us.
We thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Ruohmei Hsieh
Acting Coordinator
Chinese Program
UC Irvine