query

ivan ibirks at club-internet.fr
Thu Nov 1 13:30:28 UTC 2001

In a similar vein, the French for sauerkraut (sour + cabbage) is choucroute
(cabbage + crust/snack), the lexical swap, presumably, being motivated by
the phonetic similarities.

If a name doesn't already exist for this kind of motivation, then one ought
to be invented...  A paraphone, perhaps?  (Or maybe interphone would be more
appropriate ;-)

Ivan Birks
Paris X Nanterre