Modeling language death

Mia Kalish MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Wed Aug 2 13:05:29 UTC 2006

I love the model; at least it’s a start. However, I don’t fully support
their premise regarding bilinguality (x=0.5). In Computer Science, many,
many languages co-exist. This is also true (or used to be true) in many
non-American countries, where sometimes 4+ languages coexisted, for the
different groups of people, for commerce, for law, that sort of thing.

So I would like to see them apply the same model to the rise and fall of
computer languages over the last 60-70 years . . .  maybe I’ll write to them
and tell them that.

Well, I’m writing the results section of my dissertation . . . a bit ahead
of actually building the movies so I can see all the assumptions and
constraints and design for them. I am truly doing this in the philosophy of
the Diné cycle of knowing :-)

Best,

Mia

  _____