Languag revitalization in Russia

Mia Kalish MiaKalish at LEARNINGFORPEOPLE.US
Thu Feb 14 19:48:45 UTC 2008

This is a great idea. One of my dissertation students was going to translate
her Mexico Spanish research into English, but I convinced her to use both
languages, because we need to demonstrate that there are more languages in
the world than English. Like it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a
bunch of us to rebalance the world, to create equity for all people.

Mia

  _____

From: Indigenous Languages and Technology [mailto:ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU]
On Behalf Of Tania Granadillo
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 8:23 AM
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: Re: [ILAT] Languag revitalization in Russia

Hello

I and a colleague, Heidi Orcutt-Gachiri, are editing a volume on the
ethnography of endangered languages.  One of the contributors is russian,
Olga Kazakevich, and she has written about these very issues in both russian
and english. SO this is a good lead to follow and the various references in
her articles.

Tania