web tool help

Eric Poncet [NunaSoft] tmp at NUNASOFT.COM
Mon Jul 28 17:32:56 UTC 2008

> I doubt very much that anyone would have a need to modify xfst or
> lexc since they are general purpose tools.

Thanks for your point, Bill. Here's a couple of examples where it's interesting (and sometimes unavoidable) to modify a computer program (even an excellent one, btw):
- embedding a DTD/XML/XSL parser (the sky is the limit).

I don't know xfst enough to say whether it has any of those features already, but:
a) if it does, then one part of Shannon's needs are already met;
b) if it doesn't, then those features would allow xfst to output its results to:
   * any Web app (CGI/PHP...) or Web browser (example 1);
   * any other application has an "import" function (example 2).

Eric