Technology & Language Revitalization

Haley De Korne hal1403 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 17 01:35:37 UTC 2008

Hello,
  www.firstvoices.org, if you're not already aware of it, equips communities with technology for language revitalization.
  Best wishes,
  Haley

"Candace K. Galla" <candaceg at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU> wrote:
    Hi,

  I'm trying to find out information (journal articles, websites, newspaper articles, etc) regarding communities, schools, organizations, institutions, etc. that are using technology for language revitalization purposes.  I've come across technology use for language preservation and/or documentation, but haven't found many sources  that talk specifically about technology and revitalization of Indigenous languages.

  Thanks in advance for your help.

--
*´¨)

PhD Student
Dept of Language, Reading and Culture
University of Arizona

"Language is not merely a body of vocabulary or a set of grammatical rules.  It is a flash of the human spirit, the means by which the soul of each particular culture reaches into the material world.  Every language is an old-growth forest of the mind, a watershed of thought, an entire ecosystem of spiritual possibilities."
Wade Davis