build a font for your endangered language...

William J Poser wjposer at LDC.UPENN.EDU
Fri May 16 20:03:57 UTC 2008

Christopher Doty writes:
>The problem is that there are lots of venues where a font simply CAN'T
>be installed (cell phones, webmail applications, and blogging
>platforms come immediately to mind), as well as public computers, as
>you noted.

Yes, that is true of cell phones. Is it true of webmail applications
and blogging platforms? I don't have enough experience of webmail to know,
but I have used Movable Type and Wordpress for blogging and they don't
seem to have a problem using whatever fonts I install on my system.

Bill