Siraya update

Jimrem at AOL.COM Jimrem at AOL.COM
Thu Apr 23 21:34:13 UTC 2009

>>Even if the materials are culturally appropriate, another  problem
with simply translating materials made for one language into  another
is that, if the languages are fairly closely related, it is all  too
easy to fail to translate completely.

It is also very easy to fall prey to slight differences in  dialects.  In
the language I work with a couple of examples might  be:

"Shake hands with me" in this dialect means "Kiss me" is a  closely related
one.  And "Give me some milk" in this dialect in the other  would mean
"Give me a breast."

Jim
**************Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219799634x1201361008/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubl
eclick.net%2Fclk%3B214133440%3B36002254%3Bj)