Question on assessing technology for endangered language communities

MJ Hardman hardman at UFL.EDU
Sun Nov 1 18:15:34 UTC 2009

We have begun to and hope to do more as more is made available.  One person
whi is a Jaqaru speaker but with Spanish dominant is on Facebook and puts up
things there every few days, in the sense of recovering the language for
heritage speakers.  And I also am watching for interesting answers on this
topic.  Will the teachers use the material we are making available?  If the
Ministry OK¹s it (the meeting on that just finished; we don¹t know yet)?
When they get internet in the mountains?  When they have enough computers?
And will the dust in the mountains make them unfunctional?  Nothing easy in
this.

MJ