simple transfer from vhs to dvd - hope simple

Jimrem at AOL.COM Jimrem at AOL.COM
Fri Sep 3 12:24:30 UTC 2010

>>Personally I would (and now that I think of it, probably will) order  a
couple of the VHS/DVD players. My understanding that stand-alone VHS decks
are  getting harder to come by, and the combo VHS/DVD decks are price so low
that it  should be economically feasible.

One problem is that if you want to make audio only copies from  your DVDs
many of the VHS/DVD machines save their copies in VOB  format.  That is fine
to play with your DVD player on the TV, but hard  to find a decent program
to rip the audio portion into a format you can edit as  a sound file.

If you want audio only the RCA plugs to mini-phone plug directly into your
computer as someone suggested might be the best solution.

Jim

Jim  Rementer
Lenape Language Project
Bartlesville, OK,  74006