simple transfer from vhs to dvd - hope simple

Jessica Fae Nelson jfnelson at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Mon Sep 6 18:32:26 UTC 2010

I've used FFmpeg (freeware) to encode vob files, but it seems to like to
have both audio and video for the "input" (although you only discover this
when it won't export functional files).  You have to be pretty tech savvy to
do the download too, honestly I can't remember the details anymore but here
is the link:

http://ffmpeg.org/download.html

To rip the audio, I've had trouble with Audacity not wanting to export in
mp3 format and have found it much easier to use Switch (there is a free
version and a pay version,  I use the free version and have had no issues).
It doesn't seem to mind if your files start out video + audio and end up as
just audio and it spits them out pretty fast.  I haven't tried vob files
with Switch but it would be worth it to see since Switch is a very easy
download, easy to use, etc.

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html

I hope this helps.

Jessica