Free/ open source Indigenous language publications?

Haley De Korne hal1403 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Sep 12 23:47:18 UTC 2010

Hello ILAT, aanii kina wiiya,

I have a question that I would be grateful for your input on:  As a student & young researcher in the area of Indigenous language
education, I want to know where information that might be useful to
educators and advocates can best be shared/ received.  I am thinking mainly of
written forms, but not exclusively...  Any input is welcome!

What kinds of resources a/o publications do you and your colleagues look at to learn about what's going on in the world of language reclamation, or to get ideas for Indigenous language teaching/ learning/ advocacy strategies?

Are there open-source (free) journals or resources that are being used?

I know of quite a few journals that are respected academically, but I'm wondering if they are useful a/o accessed by teachers and practitioners? (for example American Indian Quarterly, Bilingual Research Journal, Language and Education, Language Policy, etc.)

Chii migwech, thank you for your input!

Haley De Korne