Looking for web-hosting

Claire Bowern clairebowern at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 25 00:45:04 UTC 2011

Just a quick note that we seem to be talking about both archiving and
publication here, and perhaps we should be thinking about them as two
different things. They have different requirements. For example, with sound
files, we would want to archive the highest quality files possible. But for
web streaming, that's not what we want. It makes it harder to disperse
materials to communities, but web publication doesn't have he permanence
that archiving should do. This would be a good argument not to look for a
single solution, but to investigate digital archives *and* web
dissemination.
Claire