Ojibwe iPad app brings language to world (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu Apr 12 17:18:05 UTC 2012

Ojibwe iPad app brings language to world

Thursday April 12, 2012
 USA

There’s now an Ojibwe language app for that.

Marten Falls’ Darrick Baxter, president of Ogoki Learning Systems Inc.,
recently released the Ojibway Language App for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
on iTunes after developing it for his 12-year-old daughter.

“I first had the idea about a year-and-a-half ago to use the language app
to teach my daughter the Ojibwe language,” Baxter said. “I didn’t tell her
I put it on her iPad, but within a few days she was already using it to
speak Ojibwe to her grandmother.”

After Baxter saw his two-year-old daughter learning and interacting with
the app, he knew he was onto something big.

Access full article below:
http://www.wawataynews.ca/archive/all/2012/4/12/ojibwe-ipad-app-brings-language-world_22639