music and language

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu Nov 15 02:00:34 UTC 2012

Greetings, I also want to add here that there is a rich but poorly
documented aspect of 2nd language acquisition, that of ritual induced 2nd
language acquisition.  Typically, in the ritual life, there is "music"
present but not always.  I imagine that that there may be similar
situations as in my own indigenous community where there are a growing
number of younger practitioners who are 2nd language learners.  They
acquire both the ritual practices and associated language simultaneously.
 I will be addressing this phenomenon in my AILDI course offering here in
Tucson in 2013. :)  Hopefully, we can find some supporting articles, etc.
 Let me know if you find/know of any.

Life and language always,

Phil Cash Cash
UofA