Language more important than land - academic (fwd link)

Rolland Nadjiwon mikinakn at SHAW.CA
Thu Sep 13 06:23:43 UTC 2012

Thank you both...Chun (Jimmy) Huang, Bernadette Adley-SantaMaria for both
your reminders and cautions.

The statement 'language is more important than land' makes sense and bears
application to a language which did not 'grow out of' and is not 'tied' into
any land. The assumptions of universality is innate to English since English
is an agglomeration of other languages and, in effect, has no 'home
lands(earth)' out of which it emerged. It is a portable language constructed
out of trade relations of other 'home lands' languages for the purpose of
'getting the best of the bargain'. I realize this brief post is a 'nutshell'
post with far more than I have included or touched on.

I do appreciate the myriad of information and ideas I receive from ILAT
postings though, often, it does not appear to be so in my responses.

P.S. I really like your signatures 'Siraya of Taiwan' and 'White Mountain
Apache' right on. The Great Grandmother of my two eldest Grandchildren was a
fullblood(whatever that means) Apache. So, they are Potowatomi, Ojibway,
Odawa, Apache, Spanish American...ok, ok...English too in one of the
closets...jeez I hate being honest...lol.

wahjeh
rolland nadjiwon
Harper is a joke and 'pansy' to anyone and any country that will act as his
'sin eater'...

  _____