Survey of Native American / First Nations language use on Facebook

Wayne Leman wleman1949b at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 15:18:37 UTC 2014

Re: [ilat] Survey of Native American / First Nations language use on FacebookI have often wished that it would make it easier for indigenous languages to be use orally on Facebook. There are many speakers of indigenous languages, including in the Americas, whose primary use of their language is oral rather than literate. Facebook does not permit mp3 files to be posted. It would help oral communication on Facebook if they could be. Of course, it would help most if there were some easy method of chatting orally in indigenous languages on Facebook. Maybe there already is, but I have often checked and the closest thing I have found is video chat. And video chat takes a lot of bandwidth. I don't think there is group video chat yet on Facebook.

Wayne
-----
http://www.cheyennelanguage.org/