Thoughts On The Lemnos Stele

Stanley Friesen sarima at friesen.net
Fri Feb 16 01:54:23 UTC 2001

At 07:35 AM 2/12/01 -0500, Ernest P. Moyer wrote:

>For traditions that the Iberi were descended from Hebrew tribes refer to my
>note to Stanley Friesen.

The trouble I have with that is that folk traditions can be very confused
and inaccurate.  There are several Amerindian tribes who believe they had
occupied the lands the USA found them in since the beginning of time -
despite solid evidence of quite recent migration to that area.  (The Dakota
did not yet occupy the Black Hills in 1700).

I would place much more credence in it if you could cite evidence that the
belief *pre*dates the arrival of Christian missionaries to Eire, as that
would give them little opportunity to have known about the Hebrew people
except by being descended from them.

May the peace of God be with you.         sarima at ix.netcom.com