your mail

Annick.DeHouwer vhouwer at uia.ua.ac.be
Fri Apr 30 07:47:20 UTC 1999

These sorts of blends at the word level are occasionally reported on in
the literature on young bilingual children (as they have been for
monolingual children acquiring Dutch, for instance: see eg De Vooijs 1916
- example: MIEG = child blend of MUG (musquito) and VLIEG (fly)). See eg
De Houwer 1990, The Acquisition of two languages from birth, Cambridge
University Press.

--Annick De Houwer