post

Kirsten Hodge kschaper at midwest.net
Thu Jun 17 02:57:17 UTC 1999

In the psych lab where I work (I'm a graduate student) we are using the
Mercer Mayer frog stories to collect child speech.  I have been discussing
doing a joint thesis with another linguistics student on comparing 1st
language acquistition of English and the Jamaicaian patois which is based
on English.  We wanted to collect samples of the patois in the same manner
that we are collecting the English samples.  However we had some concern
whether or not those books would translate culturally.  Does anyone know of
any other books (ones without words) that might be usable for our study?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kirsten Schaper
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale