Position at Rutgers

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Sun Dec 10 07:53:49 UTC 2000

Dear Info-CHILDES,
  I am posting this for Karin Stromswold who is having mail problems.
Please reply to her at Rutgers, not to me.  Thanks.

--Brian MacWhinney

The Department of Psychology at Rutgers University-New
Brunswick invites applications for three tenure-track assistant
professorships for Fall 2001 or 2000 in the areas of behavioral
neuroscience, cognitive psychology, and health. Individuals at the
Associate level could be considered in special cases.

COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY: We seek an individual who will expand upon
or complement our current strengths in the areas of concepts and
cognitive development, visual perception, reasoning, language,
comparative cognition, and computational/formal models.
Candidates will be expected to teach both graduate and
undergraduate courses. They may be considered for membership in
the Rutgers Center for Cognitive Science and contribute to a
rapidly developing cross-institution program in cognitive
neuroscience.

BIOPSYCHOLOGY AND BEHAVIORAL NEUROSCIENCE: We seek an individual
who will expand upon or complement our current strengths in
learning, memory, motivation, and experience-related forms of
neuroplasticity.  The specific area of research expertise is
open, although candidates with interests in sensory systems,
development and regenerative plasticity, molecular genetics, or
neuropsychopharmacology are particularly attractive.  Candidates
should have postdoctoral experience and will be expected to teach
both graduate and undergraduate courses.  They will be considered
for appointment in the Rutgers Center for Collaborative
Neuroscience.

HEALTH: We seek someone with expertise in the following areas:
1.  Research identifying biological mechanisms that account for
disease-related effects of psychological stress, coping, social
relationships, and personality. II. Research on the mechanisms or
modification of health promoting and health-damaging behaviors. III.
Research on adaptation to physical disease and treatment.
Expertise in the genetic or neuropsychological factors in physical
disease, and/or in the use of biostatistics and multivariate models
used in health research, would be an advantage.

Please send a curriculum vitae, statement of research and
teaching interests, a selection of papers, and three letters of
recommendation to the appropriate Search Committee, Department of
Psychology, 152 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854- 8020.
A review of applications will begin by December 10, although
applications arriving after this date will be considered.
Rutgers University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
employer.