: Re: Vocabulary input and output

Anne Kolatsis anne.kolatsis at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Fri Mar 23 02:48:30 UTC 2001

Zehava,
I have found the following useful:

Girolametto, L. Weitzman, E., Wiigs, M. & Pearce, P.S. (1999). The
relationship between maternal language measures and language development in
toddlers with expressive language delays. American Journal of Speech
Language Pathology, 8 (4), 364-374.

I have used this extensively in my research on the relationship between
maternal child-directed speech and vocabulary outcomes for toddlers.

I would be interested to see a list of the replies you receive.

Hope this helps!

Anne Kolatsis
PhD Candidate
The School of Education
The University of Queensland
St Lucia, 4072
Australia

At 07:52 AM 22/03/01 +0800, you wrote:
>zweizman at hkucc.hku.hk

Dear All,
I'm interested in work done on vocabulary input and output, especially
focusing on the words preschoolers (age 3-6) hear and use at home and/or at
school during spontaneous adult-child conversational interactions and how
it effects their vocabulary growth and literacy development.
I know of some studies of either maternal lexical input or child vocabulary
output/production but not about the nature and relationship of the two.

Thanks,

Zehava Weizman
Dr. Zehava Oz Weizman
Research Assistant Professor
Faculty of Education
The University of Hong Kong
5/F Prince Philip Dental Hospital,
Hong Kong SAR, China
Tel: (852) 2859 0567 (O) (852) 2812 0993 (H)
email: zweizman at hkucc.hku.hk