A English speaking grandpa needs lists of books in French for 6 year-old grandson

Jeffrey Anderson abiscotti at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 27 02:20:08 UTC 2002

Perhaps someone reading this list can point me toward "classic" books in
French for a young fellow in the 1st grade.  He is now in his 2nd year(
a first grader) of a French language immersion program; they speak only
French with a native-born French speaking teacher.  His teacher says he
is an excellent student.  I would love to send him, and his class, books
which are recognized in France as being excellent for children of his
age.  I really don't know where to begin looking.

Anyone who could give me lists of good French books and authors who
write good children's books, or point me toward a location that sells
them will be an angel in our lives.  I  live in Redondo Beach, CA, and
Jack lives in Seaville, NJ.

Peace and light

Jeff Anderson