Thanks

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Thu Dec 4 04:48:11 UTC 2003

Dear Info-CHILDES,
  I am happy to announce that NIH has told me that they will be funding the
CHILDES Project for five more years.  Actually, I was pretty sure that it
would be funded after receiving glowing evaluations on the "pink sheets"
back in late June.  However, NIH told me that nothing would be official
until now, so I decided to wait on announcing this.  Without a doubt, the
crucial factor in the extremely positive NIH evaluation was the fact that I
was able to submit 300 letters from all of you detailing how you have been
using the data.  So, thanks once more for all your support.  I hope we can
all continue using these data to learn still more about the remarkable
process of first language acquisition.

--Brian MacWhinney