Books for the lay person on child development

Roberta roberta at UDel.Edu
Wed Jun 4 10:37:41 UTC 2003

Hi! It's not essential to expose your baby to Mozart in the womb --
according to the research which has failed to replicate the "Mozart
effect." But "How Babies Talk"  (by Golinkoff and Hirsh-Pasek) is the
story of how kids learn language told from the point of view of the
latest research in our field.  It also points out what parents can do
to facilitate their children's language development in sections in
each chapter called "Scientific Sleuthing Pays Off!"  Hope this fits
the bill.
Best, Roberta Golinkoff

--
Roberta Michnick Golinkoff, Ph.D.
H. Rodney Sharp Professor of Education, Psychology, and Linguistics