Grammatical(G)-SLI

Heather van der Lely h.vanderlely at ucl.ac.uk
Wed May 28 16:50:48 UTC 2003

Dear Colleagues,

A year ago Annette Karmiloff-Smith put out this notice (copied below) with
respect to labs studying  G-SLI children. She told me that she had a HUGE
response!

I would be very interested to hear from those of you who replied to this
message and are studying G-SLI or other relatively "pure" forms of SLI.
Similarly, references to existing papers on G-SLI, or possibly pre-prints
of new work would be most helpful.
Many thanks
Heather van der Lely

At 18:47 29/05/2002 +0100, you wrote:
 >As many of you know, Heather van der Lely has reported some
 >fascinating participants in her research suggesting the existence of
 >a form of Grammatical Specific Language Impairment (G-SLI) in which
 >children/adults show very specific grammatical impairments with no
 >deficits in semantics/pragmatics nor in any other cognitive or motor
 >domain of any kind.  I am preparing a presentation on this topic and,
 >to broaden the data base, I would be glad to hear from other
 >laboratories studying SLI and looking in particular at cases of
 >G-SLI.  References to existing papers on G-SLI, or possibly
 >pre-prints of new work would be most helpful.
 >Many thanks
 >Annette K-S
 >--

Professor Heather K. J. van der Lely
Director,
Centre for Developmental Language Disorders & Cognitive Neuroscience
Department of Human Communication Science,
University College London,
2 Wakefield Street,
London, WC1N 1PF
UK