videorecorders - info summary

Dale, Philip S. DaleP at health.missouri.edu
Fri Nov 7 16:16:41 UTC 2003

And one more ...

JVC makes a dual deck, the HR-DVS3U, for about $1000, which can be used to playback mini-DV tapes and VHS tapes, and can convert in either direction. It also gives you the familiar jog-shuttle control for mini-DV, which is otherwise hard to get.
mini-DV really does have vastly superior audio to VHS. I haven't yet explored mini-DV to PC, but hope to do so soon.

Philip Dale