Informed Consent forms for research in India

Nitya Sethuraman nsethura at indiana.edu
Fri Nov 7 17:16:09 UTC 2003

Hello,

I'm planning to conduct some studies in India (in Chennai/Madras) and am
working on translating informed consent forms into Tamil.  It would be
very helpful for me to see an example of a Tamil consent form that
someone else has used, to get an idea of how to word certain things on
the form.  Tamil is most useful, but it would also be helpful to see a
consent form in Hindi, Bengali, or Telegu.

I would greatly appreciate hearing back from other researchers who have
done work in India, or who could put me in touch with others who have
done work there.  I would also be interested in hearing about
experiences researchers have had in asking participants in India to sign
an informed consent form.

Thanks very much,
Nitya
nsethura at indiana.edu