possible references?

D=?ISO-8859-1?B?9g==?=pke/Woods sdrw at ozemail.com.au
Fri Apr 23 20:46:35 UTC 2004

Hi Ginny,

I recently did a lit search on this topic. This is what I came up with.
Treatment references seem to be tucked away in articles addressing
assessment at times. There is very little that addresses this issue
directly.
I¹d be very interested in what other people may know of.

Editorial: New Directions in the Assessment of Bilingual Children
Mahon, Merle; Crutchley, Alison; Quinn, Tina
Child Language Teaching and Therapy, 2003, 19, 3, Oct, 237-243

Assessing Phonologies in Bilingual Swedish-Arabic Children with and without
Language Impairment
Salameh, Eva-Kristina; Nettelbladt, Ulrika ;  Norlin, Kjell
Child Language Teaching and Therapy, 2003, 19, 3, Oct, 338-364

Using Narrative Language Intervention as a Tool to Increase Communicative
Competence in Spanish-Speaking Children
Schoenbrodt, Lisa; Kerins, Marie; Gesell, Jacqueline
Language, Culture and Curriculum, 2003, 16, 1, 48-59

Interactional Feedback and Children's L2 Development
Mackey, Alison; Oliver, Rhonda;
System, 2002, 30, 4, Dec, 459-477

Comparison of Cross-Language Generalisation following Speech Therapy
Holm, Alison; Dodd, Barbara
Folia Phoniatrica et Logopaedica, 2001, 53, 3, May-June, 166-172

Significance of Cultural Variables in Assessment and Therapy
Semela, Jacob Japane Mohale
Folia Phoniatrica et Logopaedica, 2001, 53, 3, May-June, 128-13

Linguistics and Speech-Language Pathology: Combining Research Efforts toward
Improved Interventions for Bilingual Children
Miccio, Adele W; Hammer, Carol Scheffner; Toribio, Almeida Jacqueline
Georgetown University Round Table on Languages and Linguistics, 2000,
234-250

Language Choice in Intervention with Bilingual Children
Gutierrez-Clellen, Vera F
American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 1999, 8, 4, Nov, 291-302

An Intervention Case Study of a Bilingual Child with Phonological Disorder
Holm, Alison; Dodd, Barbara
Child Language Teaching and Therapy, 1999, 15, 2, June, 139-158

Phonological Assessment and Treatment of Bilingual Speakers
Yavas, Mehmet; Goldstein, Brian
American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 1998, 7, 2, May, 49-60

Vocabulary Learning in Bilingual and Monolingual Clinical Intervention
Thordardottir, Elin T; Weismer, Susan Ellis ; Smith, Mary E
Child Language Teaching and Therapy, 1997, 13, 3, Oct, 215-227

Speech Disorder in Preschool Children Exposed to Cantonese and English
Dodd, Barbara ; Holm, A ; Wei, Li
Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics, 1997, 11, 3, May-June, 229-243

Efficacy of Intervention for a Bilingual Child Making Articulation and
Phonological Errors
Holm, Alison; Dodd, Barbara ; Ozanne, Anne
International Journal of Bilingualism, 1997, 1, 1, Mar, 55-69

Cultural/Linguistic Variation in the United States and Its Implications for
Assessment and Intervention in Speech-Language Pathology: An Epilogue
Kayser, Hortencia
Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools, 1996, 27, 4, Oct, 385-387

Cultural/Linguistic Variation in the United States and Its Implications for
Assessment andIntervention in Speech-Language Pathology: An Introduction
Quinn, Rosemary ; Goldstein, Brian; Pena, Elizabeth D
Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools, 1996, 27, 4, Oct, 345-346

An Approach to Bilingualism in Early Intervention
McCardle, Peggy ; Kim, Julia; Grube, Carl ; Randall, Virginia
Infants and Young Children, 1995, 7, 3, Jan, 63-73

The Effect of Instruction in L1 on Receptive Acquisition of L2 for Bilingual
Children with Language Delay
Perozzi, Joseph A
Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools, 1992, 23, 4, Oct, 348-352

A Theoretical Framework for Bilingual Special Education
Cummins, Jim
Exceptional Children, 1989, 56, 2, Oct, 111-119

Most of those I haven¹t read yet. Hope that helps anyway.
Susanne
Dr Susanne Döpke
Consultant in Bilingualism
Speech Pathologist