Language Strategies for Bilingual Families

Nitya Sethuraman nsethura at indiana.edu
Tue Jun 8 15:25:46 UTC 2004

Hello,

I was interested in the recent book announcement posted to the list on
language strategies used by bilingual families.  The book focuses on the
one-person, one-language strategy.  This strategy seems to be the one most
discussed in the literature, and I was wondering whether there was some
guided reason for this (there is a consensus that this is the "best"
strategy) or if it was for some other reason (it's the easiest strategy to
study, most traditionally studied, etc.)?

If you know of good articles and books, academic or more general, that
compare various strategies parents use for raising their children
bilingually, please email me or the list, and I will post a summary.

Thanks,

Nitya Sethuraman
Postdoctoral Researcher
Psychology