infant-directed child speech

Yuriko Oshima-Takane yuriko at hebb.psych.mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 16 21:21:49 UTC 2005

Hi Margaret,

Here are a couple of articles describing older sibling's speech to the child
in mother-child-older sibling triadic interactions. Older siblings' age
ranged from 3 to 6.

Oshima-Takane, Y., Goodz, E., & Derevensky, J.L. (1996). Birth order effects
on early language development: Do secondborn children learn from overheard
speech? Child Development, 67, 621-634.

Oshima-Takane, Y., & Robbins, M. (2003). Linguistic environment of
secondborn children. First Language, 23, 21-40.

Yuriko Oshima-Takane