spanish lexicon clan

Barbara Hinger Barbara.Hinger at uibk.ac.at
Fri Sep 22 09:17:54 UTC 2006

could somebody give me support and answer my following questions concerning the spanish lexicon in clan?

the manual says that if there is a word with multiple readings, each additional reading should be entered by inserting a backslash and then putting the next reading on the next line;

but, what do I have to do if the same word has two meanings but the two meanings belong to the same syntactic category? would it helpt for the mor analysis to give the two meanings in the english translation? or how else can the mor analysis distinguish between the two meanings?

si {[scat con]} =if=

si {[scat con]} =whether=

What should I do with a conjunction in Spanish which consists of two words and not of one word, like "para que"?

Do I need to enter in the lexicon "para que" or "paraque"?

thank you very much

kind regards

Barbara Hinger