you won't believe this

isa barriere barriere.isa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:31:17 UTC 2008

Dear Kathy,
Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

As the Director of Research in a pre-school center that serves a very large
number (> 2,000)of children from low SES (and many different langauge
backgrounds) and that incoporates a clinic (EI 0 to 3 and special ed 3 to 21
- 3,000) in which I regularly contribute to parent'sworkshops and staff
profesisonal development, I think it is essential that we write a response
pointing out the many many factors that we know/don't know bout that may
impact timing of language developmental stages.  I also suggest that we
should try to do so in collboration perhaps with representatives of relevant
service providers (such as professional SLP organization ASHA etc).

Let me know how I or other members of the organizations I work for and other
colleagues can help.

I look forwrad to hearing from you and to other people's reactions.

isabelle Barriere, PhD
Director of Policy for Research & Education
Yeled v'Yalda Early Childhood cneter (www.yeled.org)
& Co-Director, YVY Research Insititute (http://www.yeled.org/res.asp)
& Research Associate, Research Institute for the Study of Language in Urban
Society (RISLUS), CUNY Graduate center.