you won't believe this

Tom Roeper roeper at linguist.umass.edu
Sun Mar 2 05:11:35 UTC 2008

Dear Margaret---
    No doubt you are right---politics in education is dominating
reading instruction and I am sure that individual children feel
it.   It is another area where teacher's and educators voices
need to be more clearly heard.

Tom

PS.  One educator's voice, my mother Annemarie Roeper,
is one such voice.  She
just wrote a book "The "I" of the Beholder" about the
Roeper school (now 66 years old) which reflects where
my views originate.

--
Tom Roeper
Dept of Lingiustics