Searching for a book for very new students of child language

isa barriere barriere.isa at gmail.com
Wed May 7 21:56:45 UTC 2008

Dear Ken,

Just to say I fully support Barbara Z. Pearson's self-promotion.  I recently
read her book and have put it on the  the list to share with the supervisor
of the family and social workers in the non-profit organization where I work
and that serves more than 2,000 low SES children from very diverse
linguistic and cultural backgrounds.  I am also going to use it for
workshops I will be giving education professionals (teachers and assistant
teachers) of the same (older 3 to 5) children in the fall who in their
recent feedback on professional development sessions expressed the need to
know more about bilingual families.

To teach about infants and toddlers, I also very much like "when speech
comes to children" by Boysson-Bardies: it has a lot of information on
cross-linguistic studies.

Best,

Isabelle Barriere, PhD
Director of Policy for Research and Education
Yeled v'Yalda Early Childhood Center