information requested regarding content analyses of children's testimony

isa barriere barriere.isa at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 21:31:21 UTC 2008

Hi, In the mid-nineties, Constable C. Clarke in London received police award
scheme to examine the effects of three types interviewers on children's
testimony:
- education professionals who work with young children;
- police officers trained to interview children;
- police officers not trained to interview children.

I was an RA on this project and I vaguely remember that the results revealed
an interviewers' effects on the use of passive constructions and leading
questions atht in turn had an effects on the contents of children's
testimony..  There may be a way to have access to this work through the UK
Home Office/Police award scheme.

Good luck,

Isabelle Barriere, PhD