Communication in Art

Keith Nelson k1n at psu.edu
Sun Aug 16 15:26:27 UTC 2009

Hello all.  I am continuing to work with colleagues on understanding
how some young children develop exceptional, extensive skills in
art--drawing, painting, sculpture, multi-modal and multi-media.

	Please spread the word to friends and colleagues that I would
like to hear from any parents, art teachers, grown-up child artists,
and so on, who possess any of the following they would be willing to
share with me:

	1.  Any record of "exceptional" (unusually distinctive,
exceptionally complex and sophisticated ) art works produced between
1 and 8 years of age.
	2.  Digital camera images--"raw" files preferred but not
necessary--of such art.
	3.  Loans of art works so I could make digital images.
	4.  Computer files of art created using computers
partly/totally as the basis.
	5.  Notes, videos, or other forms of documentation of the
circumstances that
		accompanied/preceded the production of particular
pieces of art or of
		a series of art works over months or years

	My thanks in advance.

	Keith Nelson
--

Keith Nelson