vocabulary test for Spanish-speaking children

Barbara Pearson bpearson at research.umass.edu
Tue Feb 2 16:15:20 UTC 2010

Dear Ludovica,

Not that I'm recommending it, but I believe the TVIP was originally
normed in Spain.  The version we typically use in the U.S. is the
"edicion hispanoamericana"--so by a process of retronymity (?) the
original was the "peninsular" edition.  I wonder if it is still
available.... Should be, at least from the publisher/author.  If you
find it, you will probably want to do a concurrent validity check on
it, even with some home-made tool.

I look forward to hearing about other alternatives.

Cheers,

Barbara Pearson

On Feb 2, 2010, at 10:50 AM, Ludovica Serratrice wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering whether anyone was aware of a receptive vocabulary
> test suitable for Spain-based Spanish-speaking children aged between 6
> and 10. As far as I know the norming sample for the Test de
> Vocabulario en Imagenes Peabody includes only Spanish speakers from
> Latin America but I'm after somehting that I could use with primary
> school children in Spain. Any help much appreciated.
>
> Ludovica Serratrice
>
> The University of Manchester
> School of Psychological Sciences
> Oxford Road
> Manchester M13 9PL
> UK
> http://www.psych-sci.manchester.ac.uk/staff/93808

> .

Barbara Zurer Pearson, Ph.D.
Research Associate, Depts of Linguistics and   Communication Disorders
c/o 226 South College
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Amherst MA 01003

bpearson at research.umass.edu