Updated self-contained toddler recording harness?

Katie Alcock k.j.alcock at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Jan 4 14:10:40 UTC 2010

I've posted about this before, but we have used toddler-sized backpacks with
(again because that was the best technology at the time) mini-disc recorders
inside.  The first five minutes of recordings are usually all about
backpacks but after that the children forget they have them on. Again, if
you wanted you could have individual unidirectional tieclip microphones for
different children, but we used omni-directional tieclip microphones and
picked up most adult/other child speech quite audibly.

Katie Alcock

Katie Alcock, DPhil, CPsychol
Lecturer
Department of Psychology