Updated self-contained toddler recording harness?

Margaret Fleck margaretmfleck at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 01:35:04 UTC 2010

Two other considerations to think about, largely based on a totally other
experiment we once did in a science museum aimed at kids.

First, wireless transmitters can fail in certain environments, most notably
where there are big hunks of metal around.    This includes not only visible
metal like elevators but also certain kinds of rebars used in walls/pillars..

Second, consider the temperature(s) of your environment and, thus, what the
subjects will be wearing.

Also, I recall an account of a museum system for kids that used those little
packs that fit around your waist (called "fanny packs" in the US to the endless
amusement of folks from the rest of the English-speaking world).

Cheers,

Margaret