Collocations in L2 child vocabulary

Vicki victoria.murphy at education.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 3 15:07:04 UTC 2010

Dear all,

A group of us are about to begin a project investigating children's
collocational knowledge in their L2.  As we are beginning to start
worrying about our tasks we would like to make some principled
decisions about what kinds of collocations would be appropriate to
include.  To that end we are interested in looking at some databases
which might be relevant to children in their L2.  We wondered whether
any of you might have some suggestions as to where we could begin to
search for what collocations we might reasonably expect L2 children to
know?

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Vicki