Leiter R vs WPPSI with 3- and 4-year-olds

Alcock, Katie k.j.alcock at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Aug 15 09:00:45 UTC 2011

Do you actually need a non-verbal IQ score, or do you just need some
form of non-verbal ability test, which you could use to match children
(of the same age) or co-vary against a verbal score (again with the same
age group), or even from which you could obtain a standard score for
every child (regardless of age)?

Because if you want to do one of those things (rather than actually
obtain an IQ score) you can just use a subtest of the WPPSI, or of the
BAS (we usually use Block Design from the BAS). You can still compare
children and obtain a standard score on that one test.

Katie