List of "English" nonsense words?

Nitya Sethuraman nitya12345 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 14:16:37 UTC 2012

I greatly appreciate the generosity of the members of this list!

In addition to the replies sent to info-childes, a few more references were
sent directly to me:

For a lengthy list of novel verbs: Albright and Hayes (2003) past-tense
paper

For a lengthy list of novel nouns compiled from various previous studies:
Horst, J.S. & Scott, E. J. (2009). Learning Names of Rotated Novel Objects,
Poster presented at the Cognitive Science Society, Amsterdam, The
Netherlands.

For a short list of novel adjectives: Yoshida, Hanako and Rima Hanania
(2011). If it's red, it's not vap: how competition among words may benefit
early word learning. First Language.
http://fla.sagepub.com/content/early/2011/10/14/0142723711422632
Also see Sandra Waxman's papers for a few more novel adjectives.

Thanks very much again,
Nitya.