fun things kids say as first class attention grabbers

fraibet fraibetaveledo at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Aug 21 19:03:12 UTC 2013

My Spanish student , 7;00 , who was bilingual in French and English and was learning Spanish said once:

Esa voitura roja pasó cerca , meaning " that red car passed close (to us)"

She didn't remember the word in Spanish for car", "coche" , so she used the french word, voiture, which is feminine, and perfectly use the feminine adjectives for agreement in Spanish.

I hope it helps
Fraibet Aveledo

ESRC Centre for Bilingualism, Bangor University, UK
Newcastle University , UK
Simón Bolívar University, Venezuela