Idiom comprehension in child language

Marilyn Nippold nippold at uoregon.edu
Tue May 20 16:39:19 UTC 2014

Dear Huseyin,

Development of figurative language comprehension (including idioms) in children, adolescents, and adults has been investigated for many years.

For a summary (current as of 2007), including discussion of theories of development (e.g., metasemantic, language processing, language experience),

please see the following book:

Nippold, M. A. (2007). Later language development: School-age children, adolescents, and young adults (Chapters 8-11). Austin, TX: Pro-Ed.

In addition, I am attaching a list of articles that you might find useful.

Best wishes,

Marilyn Nippold

University of Oregon

USA