[Lexicog] Cheyenne dictionary printout: different PDF converter needed

Benjamin J Barrett gogaku at IX.NETCOM.COM
Sun Aug 15 18:51:03 UTC 2004

Wayne,

OpenOffice (http://www.openoffice.org/) is a free download (about 60 MB)
that includes in its document software (basically Word) a PDF converter.
Although there are restrictions, another option is a student discount on
Adobe Acrobat. I bought a copy for about $70 a year or two back (it was
recently stolen), though I can't find anything online right now for less
than $100 (i.e., http://www.gradware.com/acrobat-comparison.asp).

For printing, some Costco stores have inexpensive copying, though there
may be a minimum.

HTH

Benjamin Barrett
Baking the World a Better Place
www.hiroki.us

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Leman [mailto:wayne_leman at sil.org]

Our Cheyenne dictionary team now has its work at a point where we would
benefit from a printout. Kinko's prices are out of our range for the
number
of pages we have. I have found an Internet company who can bind
printouts
for us at much reduced prices. The company uses PDF files for its
printing
process. I have several PDF converters, but the one I used to create the
PDF
file for them uses GNU Ghostscript programming which their printer
cannot
handle. I am now trying to purchase Adobe Acrobat on eBay at a price
within
our budget. However, I'd really like to re-upload our 10 MB PDF file to
the
Internet printer sooner than I can get another PDF converter that
doesn't
use Ghostscript. If any of you have legal access to Adobe Acrobat and
are
willing to convert my Microsoft Word file to PDF, please email me
off-list.