[Lexicog] RE I need a negative word for amazed

Rudolph C Troike rtroike at U.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri Aug 20 00:17:32 UTC 2004

An interesting point: the first word that sprang to mind for me when Mike
posed his question was "repulsed" (not even Ron Moe's extensive analysis
of the "shock" domain included this), based on his description of the
desired meaning, but when the context was revealed, it was clearly not the
appropriate choice. This points up again the difficult problem of
definitions vs domain/context.

	Rudy

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM