[Lexicog] postalveolar t

Patrick Chew patchew at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 20 02:58:58 UTC 2004

MS Word (at least the WinXP/OfficeXP version) allows for Unicoded goodness,
which allows for a [t with dot underneath] (also used in traditional Indic
romanization).

I've been using OfficeXP's MS Word in combination with a handy macro called
Uniqoder (http://hem.fyristorg.com/dahloe/uniqoder/), which allows for
adding diacritics. I readily add dot-below's for consonants and vowels.

I hope this helps.

-Patrick

>From: Rudolph C Troike <rtroike at u.arizona.edu>
>Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:43:30 -0700 (MST)
>
>A somewhat simplistic question, in the midst of the Korean-Toolbox
>discussion. I have been using WordPerfect 5.1 for all of my work, but
>pressures for transportability, convertibility, etc., have led me to start
>using MS Word, which conveniently supplies a number of common phonetic
>symbols. However, it doesn't have a post-alveolar [t] with a dot under it,
>and neither does the SIL IPA initial downloadable set. Unfortunately, it's
>common in California Indian languages, which I'm trying to work with, but
>several people I've asked who work with these languages don't have a
>solution. Does anyone on the list have a suggestion?
>
>	Thanks,
>	Rudy Troike

Click, drag and drop. My MSN is the simple way to design your homepage.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/HKE4lB/TM