[Lexicog] FieldWorks 4.2 available for download

susannaimrie susanna_imrie at SIL.ORG
Tue Jul 3 15:50:44 UTC 2007

FieldWorks 4.2

FieldWorks 4.2 is now ready to download. This is a stable release, i.e.
it has undergone testing but not to the same degree of thoroughness as
the annual corporate release.

Key new features to note in this release are:
- Vista compatibility
-" Find example sentence" function in the lexicon, using the
text corpus.
- Support for interlinearizing phrases (words must be adjacent).
- Improved performance of the `Find lexical entry' dialog.
- Stem Names, to control stem allomorphy that is dependant on the
presence of certain inflection features.
- Complex Forms and Variant fields in Lexicon Edit, which list linked
complex form and variant entries.
- Improved support for languages relying on a Graphite font, and which
are right-to-left.
- First draft of a French user interface is available via the
Tools>Options menu. (Warning! This is an Alpha quality feature!)
- Draft resource: Introduction to Lexicography (by Ron Moe)

See the ReadMe files for more information and details of the above
(included in download package).

Download

http://fieldworks.sil.org/stable_download.htm
<http://fieldworks.sil.org/stable_download.htm>

The next corporate release should be ready in October. I will try to
keep a list of what we have implemented in FLEx on the page
http://www.sil.org/computing/fieldworks/flex/limitationsAndPlans.html
<http://www.sil.org/computing/fieldworks/flex/limitationsAndPlans.html>
if you like to check that occasionally.

Best regards from the FieldWorks team,