[Lexicog] Toobox outcome

Wayne Leman wayne_leman at SIL.ORG
Tue May 1 19:16:34 UTC 2007

It looks like my file attachment did not make it through the Yahoo Groups system. I'll try putting those sample pages inside this message. OK, I was able to copy them to this message but the double column format was lost.

Wayne Leman

A  -  a

‑a fta. inverse voice suffix. ant: ‑ó. Návóom‑a. He saw me. Návóom‑aehe? Did he see me? Násáavóom‑aéhe. He did not see me. See: ‑ae; ‑aé.

‑a sfx. infinitive suffix used in complex derived verb stems which have ‑tanó 'want' as the matrix verb. Náhéne'en‑átanó'tóvo. I want to know him. Návóo‑mátanó'tóvo. I want to see him.

‑a sfx. imperative suffix for TA verbs where more than one person is commanded to act on a single third person. Vé'hoom‑a! Look at him (or her)!

á- pfx cj ppl. should have. Á‑hnémenesêstse. He should have sung. Á‑némenesêstse. He should have sung (more recent than with áh-...) Néhe á‑hnémenêstse. He should have been the one to sing. Á‑'oomosêstse. He SHOULD have hit him (more forceful than é-me'-oomóho 'he should have hit him). Usage: obsolescing. See: me'‑ ; me'hó'ke‑.

‑á fti. inanimate object agreement marker for TI verbs. Náhéne'þn‑a. I know it. É‑vóohtanôtse. He saw them (inanimate). Vé'hoohtom‑áhéne! Look at it/them then! tséxhestanom‑átse when we took it Ésáa‑vóohtóhe. He did not see it. See: ‑é ; ‑o.

‑aahkévâhoeše   vai. pitchy all through (esp. of a log). NonRedup: ‑ahkeve. É‑aahkévâhoþše. there's pitch all through (the log)

‑aahkévâhonetó   vii. pitchy. NonRedup: ahke. É‑aahkévâhonþto. It (esp. wood) is pitchy; full of pitch.

‑áahtov    vta. listen to s.o. vti: ‑áahtá; f: ‑ahtov. Variant: ‑áhahtov. É‑áahtovóho. He listened to him. Ná‑áahtÿvo. I listened to him. Ná‑áahtÿÿ'e. They listened to me. Áahtovêstse! Listen to me! Áahtova! Listen to him! (said to more than one person) Áahtovoo'o! Listen to him (later)! Né'‑áahtove! Listen to me! (said to more than noe person) See: ótahe 'Listen!'; ‑néstov 'hear s.o.'.

‑áahtá   vti. listen to s.t. vta: ‑áahtov. É‑ááhta. He listened to it.

‑áahtaotsé'tov    vta. listen to s.o. Né'éše‑áahtaotsé'tovêstse! Listen to me (right now)! (for example, don't leave yet--stop long enough to listen to me!) See: ‑áahtov; ótahe.

‑áahtomóné vai. listen. vta: ‑áahtov. É‑áahtomóne. He listened. Éohkêsáa'‑áahtomónéhe. He doesn't listen. Áahtomónêstse! Listen! Áahtomóne! Listen! (said to more than one person) Áahtomónêhéne! Listen later! (said to more than one person) See: ‑áestsé'ó; ‑néstomóné 'hear'.

‑áahtomónee'e   vai. sit listening. É‑áahtomónee'e. He's sitting listening (for example, to the siren). Né'‑áahtomónee'e! Sit there listening to me! (said to more than one person) See: ‑áestsee'e.

‑áahtomónee'tá    vti. sit listening to s.t. É‑áahtomónee'tá. ?? He's sitting listening to it.

‑áahtomónee'tov vta. sit listening to s.o. É‑áahtomónee'tovóho. ?? He's sitting listening to him.

‑áahtomónéóó'e    vai. stand listening. fai: ‑óé. É‑áahtomónéóó'e. He's standing listening. See: ‑áahtomóné 'listen'.

‑áahtomóneóe'tov   vta. stand listening to s.o. fai: ‑óé. É‑áahtomóneóe'tovóho. ?? He's standing listening to him.

áahtomoneto p. once again. Usage: obsolescing.

‑áahtósané    vai. listen. f: ‑ósané. É‑áahtósáne. He listens.

‑áahtóseoneve    vai. listened to ; obeyed ; respected. É‑áahtóseoneve. He is listened to.

áahtsé'-    pv. already; simultaneously; at the same time. É‑áahtsé'nêhešéve. He already did it. Nêhéóhe móná'éše‑áahtsé'hestáohtsêhéhe; móhnêhnóvêho'eohehéhe tséohketoenÿvâtse. I was already born there; the midwife didn't get there in time. See: vétséno; nêšená‑; éše‑.

‑ýý'e   inverse voice suffix for TA verbs with third person plural or obviative subject. Návóom‑ýý'e. They saw me. See: ‑ýý'e; ‑eé.

ýý'e émóna'e   vii. New Years. Lit: 'It's a new year.'. ýý'e tséhmóna'e when the year was new Usage: likely a modified loan translation from English.

aa'êse-   pv. back. Névé'e‑aa'êseóxôheve! Don't say anything back! Névé'e‑aa'êseóxôhéme! Don't say anything to make it worse! (said to more than one person) Névé'e‑aa'êsetónêšéme! Don't do anything to make it worse! (said to more than one person) Mósta‑aa'êsêho'eohtsé'tovôhevovóhe. They met him. See: aose ; éva‑.

Áámêhé'e   na. Always A Woman.

Áameóhné'e    na. Walking Woman.

‑ae       fta. inverse voice suffix. Néoom‑aehe Did he hit you? Násáavóom‑aéhe He didn't hit me. tséonóom‑aevose the one(s) (obv) who called them See: ‑a.

‑ae       fta. inanimate subject TA final. Náho'êhót‑aa'e. It came to me.

‑aé       sfx. inverse voice suffix for TA verbs with third person plural or obviative subject. ant: ‑ó2. Návóom‑ýý'e. They saw me. Násáavóom‑aéhe. They did not see me. See: ‑ýý'e; ‑eé.

ae'ta'é‑ i. face. See: ‑nóhta'ée'tov.

‑ae'ta'ee'e   vai. 1) face sitting. É‑ae'ta'ee'e. He is sitting facing (for example, facing the crowd). 2) be in charge of a meeting.

‑ae'ta'ée'tov vta. sit facing s.o. É‑ae'ta'ée'tovóho. He sat facing him.

‑ae'ta'ée'tá     vti. sit facing s.t. É‑ae'ta'éé'tá. ?? He sat facing it.

‑ae'ta'éóó'e    vai. face standing. f: ‑óé. É‑ae'ta'éóó'e. He's standing facing (for example, facing the crowd).

‑ae'ta'é'tov    vta. stand facing s.o. É‑ae'ta'éoe'tovóho. ?? He's standing facing him/them.

áa'e     ni. year, winter. Pl: aenôtse; obl: aénéva. Móxhótoanátôhanéhe ýý'e. It was a tough winter. no'ke‑ýý'e one year na'he‑ýý'e three years Naa nêhe'še néše‑ýý'e nêhéóhe ná'éševé'háhtse nêhe'še náhtaévâhóó'óhtse. And then for two years I stayed there, then I came back home. (1987:185) See: ‑aénamá.

‑aénamá fai. be so many years old. Éno'ke‑aénáma He is one year old Étónêstôhe‑aénáma? How old is he? (lit. he is how many yeared?) Nétónêstôhe‑aénáma? How old are you? See: ýý'e ; ‑he‑aéname.

‑he-aéname vai. have a birthday. Lit: 'have a year'. syn: ‑he‑éšeame. Éhe‑aéname. It's his birthday (lit. he has a year). See: ‑aénamá.

aénéva obl. winter time; year. in: ýý'e.

‑aéneve    vii. be winter. É‑aéneve. It's winter.

aénevo'xâhtóhono na pl. winter underwear, long johns. Lit: 'winter-pants'. Variant: aénevôxâxhtóhono ?; asêséo'xâhtóhono. See: hÿhto.

aénohe na. 1) hawk; winterhawk. Pl: aénôheo'o; obv: aénôhóho. See: hoestomo; aénéva. 2) Hawk; Winterhawk.

Aénohe Ôhno'kaestse     na. Lone Hawk.

Aénohe Ôhvó'komaestse na. White Hawk.

Aénohe Ôxháa'ého'oesêstse   vai cj ppl. High Hawk. Lit: 'hawk high-hanging'.

Aénôhea'eotse    na. Attacking Hawk.

Aénôhea'kónoo'e na. Roosting Hawk.

Aénôhee'e na. Sitting Hawk.

Aénôhéévé'hâtse na. Flying Hawk.

Aénôhé'ke na. Hawk Woman.

aénôhematsénoono   na pl. swift hawk wings.

Aénôhenéhovóhe    na. Chasing Hawk.

Aénôhenéstoohe   na. Howling Hawk. See: Aénohe Néstoohe.

aénôhéso    na dim. 1) sparrow hawk. Lit: 'little hawk'. Pl: aénôhesono; obv: aénôhesono. 2) Little Hawk.

aénôhevóhkóóhe na. jackrabbit. Lit: 'hawk-rabbit'. Pl: aénôhevóhkooheho; obv: aénôhevóhkooheho. Variant: aénôhevóéhe óó? See: vóhkóóhe.

aénôhevóohého'eeve na.

— ni. jackrabbit hide. See: ho'eeve.

‑aéno'tsé vai. camp all winter. f: ‑o'tsé. É‑aénó'tse. He camped all winter. É'ôhke=nêhéó='ée'‑aéno'tseo'o nêhéóhe tóxeo'hé'e nêhéóhe é'ôhkemaehéhoéstoneo'o ka'êškóneho They used to camp there all winter near the banks of the river where the children went to school.

‑aénoo'e   vii. be so many years in time. Naa nêhe'še tséstano'ke‑aénoo'etse tséstaévâhóseameohtsénovetse móstaévâhósêhénôhtsevóomêhéhe. And then after one year when they went there again they went to look for him again. (1987:294)

aenôtse    ni pl. years; winters. Sg: ýý'e.

‑aese   sfx pro. conjunct participle ending for 3rd person obviative subject acting on 3rd person proximate object. tséonóom‑aese the one who called him See: ‑ose.

‑aesé   sfx pro. conjunct ending for 3rd person subject acting on 2nd person plural object. tséonóom‑aþse the one who called you (plural) tséhvóom‑aþse when he saw you (plural)

‑aesee'e    sfx pro. conjunct ending for 3rd person plural subject acting on 2nd person plural object. tséonóom‑aesee'e the ones who called you (plural) tséhvóom‑aesee'e when he saw you (plural)

áestóhkáhne   na. lizard. Pl: áestóhkôhnáne (?); obv: áestóhkôhnáne (?); Pl: aestóhkôhnaneo'o (?). Variant: áestóhkóhne. See: háo'táooheso; heó'ôhtáto.

‑áesto'én vti. mix together s.t./s.o. É‑áesto'éna. He is mixing it together. tsé‑áesto'ene that which is mixed together (for example, hash)

— vta. Variant: É‑áesto'énóho. É‑áesto'eno. He mixed him/them. Aésto'énenáno! Shuffle them (cards)!

‑aésto'énan   vti.

— vta. mix together s.t./s.o. É‑aésto'énanôtse She mixed them (inan.) together See: ‑anonán.

aésto'eneo'o ni nom. blender. Lit: 'mixer'. Variant: aésto'épea'hasenestôtse. Usage: neologism.

aésto'épea'hasenestôtse     ni nom. blender. Lit: 'mix together grinding thing'. Variant: aésto'eneo'o; aésto'épeeneo'o. Usage: neologism.

aésto'épeeneo'o ni nom. blender. Lit: 'mix together grinder'. Variant: aésto'eneo'o; aésto'épea'hasenestôtse. Usage: neologism.

aéstom‑   i. false.

aéstome-    pv. false; for nothing; for free. Ná‑aéstomemétaa'e. He gave it to me for nothing (it didn't cost me anything). aéstomevé'ho'e false Cheyenne É‑aéstomemanþstse hová'éhe. He 'makes up stories.' Nésáa'‑aéstomêhevé'tove'tovatséhe. You are not my brother-in-law for nothing. (1987:173) É‑aéstomemomáxemóho. He turned him in for nothing. See: pónóhta ; hová'éhe ; ‑hová'âhane.

‑aéstomeéno'e    vii. taste flat. Lit: 'false-taste'. É‑aéstomeéno'e it's flat/there's no taste to it See: ‑tóne'éno'e.

‑aéstomeéseváohe   vai. make a free throw in basketball. É‑aéstomeéseváoohe. He made a free throw. Usage: neologism. See: ‑éseváohe; aéstome‑.

‑aéstomêhasené    vai. play (cards) for nothing. É‑aéstomêhasþne. He played for nothing.

aéstome‑ma'heo'o   na. devil, evil spirit, idol (rarer meaning). Lit: 'false-sacred.power'. See: heávohe; hávêsévevêhanéhe.

aéstomemésêhestôtse na. potato, bistort. Grinnell lists as Bistorta bistortoides (Push.), modern name Polygonum bistortoides; a plant which grows in stream bottoms and produces one or two small roots which were boiled and eaten; Grinnell lists the potato bean as Alycine apios (L.), edible tubers on the root of this climbing vine. Pl: aéstomemésêhéstoto. Variant: mésêhestôtse2.

‑aéstomemét   vta. give to s.o. for free. Né‑aéstomemetâtse. I'm giving this to you for free. See: ‑mét; ‑aéstomotse'ohe.

‑aéstomeohtsé   vai. come for nothing; make false trip; wasted his time coming. É‑aéstomeÿhtse. He came for nothing/wasted his time. See: pónohta.

‑aéstomeváoohe   vai. make a free throw. É‑aéstomeváoohe. He made a free throw. Usage: neologism.

aéstomevé'ho'e na. 1) false Cheyenne. Lit: 'false-whiteman'. 2) little devil. syn: heávôhéso; pv: aéstome‑. Aéstome‑vé'hó'e ééšêhósemé'atovánâhneo'o. The little devils are making fire (lit. smoke) again. (This was said when smoke arose out of a reservation coal mine.) Usage: An elder recently said that Catholics use this term for 'devil'.

aéstomevé'keemahpe   ni. artificial sugar. Usage: neologism. See: nétâhévevé'keemahpe.

‑aéstomóhta'háov   vta. tell a false story to s.o. Nésáa'‑aéstomóhta'háovatséhéme. I'm not making up stories to you. See: ‑hóhta'háov.

‑aéstomóhta'hané   vai. tell a false story. É‑aéstomóhta'hýne. He told a false story.

aéstomóhta'heo'o    ni. myth. Lit: 'false-story'. See: hóhta'heo'o; oné'seómôhta'heo'o.

‑aéstomó'ané vai. speak falsely, speak untruthfully, break promise. f: ‑ó'ané. É‑aéstomó'áne. He spoke falsely. See: ‑vá'nenêhevoo'o; ‑hetómé.

‑aéstomo'eéh   vta. falsely treat s.o. É‑aéstomo'eeho. He treated him falsely.

‑aéstomósem vta. tell a false story about s.o. É‑aéstomósemóho. He told a false story about him. See: ‑hósem; ‑netsé'e'tov.

‑aéstomotse'ohe   vai. work for free. É‑aéstomotse'ohe. He's working for free (not getting paid). See: ‑aéstomemét ; ‑hotse'ohe.

‑áestsee'e    vai. sit listening. É‑áestsee'e. He is sitting listening. Hevésenóho é'‑áestséesesto. His friend was listening. Évá'ne‑áestséeo'o. They are just sitting listening (but not really listening, for example, disregarding the message). See: ‑áahtomónee'e.

‑áestsé'ó vai. listen. Variant: ‑áhasêstsé'ó. É‑áestsé'o. He's listening. Áestsé'ôhtse! Listen! See: ‑áahtomóné.

‑áestséóó'é    vai. listen standing. É‑áestséóó'e. He's standing listening. É'ôhke‑áestséoesesto. They would stand there and listen.

‑áestséotse    vai. listen. Né'‑áestséotse! Listen here! (a crier would say this, calling for people's attention)

‑áestséše'tov    vta. lie listening to s.o. Móstaéenêšêhetóse‑áestséše'tovôhevóhe. He lay there and kept listening to him.

‑áestséše vai. lie listening. É‑áestséše. He's lying listening.

‑aéškonáho'tá    vii. of some inanimate thing, for example, meat or toast. É‑aéškonáhó'ta. It got burned crisp (for example, toast). See: ‑aéškonáoestâhó'ta.

‑aéškonámea'xe    vai. smell burnt, burnt smell -méeho'tá. É‑aéškonámea'xe. He has a burnt smell.

‑aéškonámeeho'tá vii. smell burnt. É‑aéškonámeehÿ'ta. It smells burnt (like burnt bread) See: ‑méeho'tá.

‑aeškonáoestâho'há vti. quickly burn s.t. while cooking. Ná‑aeškonáoestâhÿ'ha. I burned it (cooking).

‑aéškonáoestâho'tá   vii. of some inanimate thing, for example, meat or toast. É‑aéškonáoestâhÿ'ta. It quickly got burned to a crisp. See: ‑aéškonáho'tá.

‑aéškonáveméa'há ?    vii. smell burnt. ‑aéškonáveméa'há It smells burnt (for example, burnt bread) See: ‑méa'há.

aéškôsa'éhese     ni ? piece of shoulder meat.

áetôhóóvo ni. short ribs (?). See: he'pe.

‑aetsé    sfx pro. conjunct ending for 3rd person subject acting on 1st person plural (both inclusive and exclusive) object. tséonóom‑aþtse the one who called us tséhméhot‑aþtse because he loved us

‑aetsee'e   sfx pro. conjunct ending for 3rd person plural subject acting on 1st person plural (both inclusive and exclusive) object. tséonóom‑aetsee'e the ones who called us

‑ahá    mbp. vagina. in: ma'kþsta. Émátsev‑âháotse. She has V.D. (lit. she has an infected vagina). See: ‑'kestá2.

‑ahaehné    vai. detour. É‑ahaþhne. He detoured. See: ‑ahaeohtsé; o'ome‑.

‑ahaeohtsé    vai. detour. É‑ahaeÿhtse. He detoured. Nétatšêše‑ahaeohtsema! Let's go around!

áhahéehe    p. woe unto you! Variant: á'a'éehe. Usage: may no longer be used. See: ahéehe.

‑áhahtov    vta. listen to s.o. Variant: ‑áahtov. Áhahtovêstse! Listen to me! Usage: heard less often than ‑áahtov.

‑ahá'eov   fta. cook_for s.o. (?). Énó‑ahá'eóó'e hevéškemo His mother-in-law cooked the return wedding meal for him See: ‑homôhtov.

‑ahá'ené   fai. cook. vai: ‑homosé. É‑pêhévâhá'éne. She cooked well. Ééx‑âhá'éne. She finished cooking. Éhe'k‑âhá'éne. She cooked the food until it is tender. Népêhévemé‑ahá'éne. You cooked good smelling food. See: ‑éxâho'he; ‑hoohe; ‑honóné.

áhan‑    i. extreme.

‑áhanáeh    vta. scare s.o. to death; extremely frighten s.o. É‑áhanáehóho. He frightened him to death. Éstaéšêto'se‑áhanáehaesesto néhe na'êstse. (The beaver) almost scared him to death. See: ‑ná'taeh; ‑háeh; ‑tó'omáeh.

‑áhanaeta vai. extremely big. ant: ‑áhanáhketa. no'ka éšeþva tséhma'xe‑áhanaetâse one day when he was very big (1987:195)

‑áhanâhketa   vai. extremely small, tiny. ant: ‑áhanaeta. É‑áhanâhketa. He is extremely small.

‑áhanâho'he    vai. die from heat, be very hot. É‑áhanâho'he. He died from the heat; he's very, very hot. Usage: used as humorous exaggeration during very hot weather.

‑áhanâho'tá vii. extremely hot and dry weather, extremely burned, extremely hot weather. f: ‑aho'tá. É‑áhanâhÿ'ta. It's extremely hot weather (and everything has dried up). ôht‑áhanâho'taa'êstse whenever it is extremely burned out

‑áhanâhtam    vta. get s.o. cold. É‑áhanâhtamóho. He got him so cold. See: ‑he'konose. [Note: Note: Esp. used to refer to when a mother takes her baby outside in the cold without adequate warm clothing or blankets; can also refer to leaving melons or cantelopes (both animate) in a garden so late in the growing season that they freeze]

‑áhana'ov   vta. smother s.o., kill s.o. by falling on, lie on s.o. to death, wear out s.o. É‑áhana'ovóho. He killed him by falling (or lying) on him / He rode him (for example, a horse) to death. É‑áhana'ÿÿ'e. He (obv) killed him by falling on him (for example, the horse killed its rider when it bucked him off and fell on him). See: ‑áhaneoha'ov.

‑áhana'eme   vai. cry intensely. É‑áhana'eme He really cried See: ‑a'xaame.

‑áhana'ó'h     vta. kill by running over s.o. É‑áhana'o'ho. He killed him by running over him.

‑áhana'xané    vai. collapse from crying. f: ‑a'xané. É‑áhana'xýne. He collapsed from crying See: ‑tâhpe'a'xané.

‑áhana'xanéotse   vai. cry extremely hard, cry and pass out. É‑áhana'xanéotse. He cried so hard he passed out.

‑áhana'xe   vai. worn out from jerking. É‑áhana'xe. He is worn out from jerking.

‑áhanan   vta. hold s.o. to death. É‑áhananóho. He held him until he could not breathe (or, until he died).

‑áhanaÿ'o   vii. be huge; extremely big. É‑áhanaÿ'o It's extremely big/huge. See: ‑ma'hao'ó ; ‑tâhpe'ó.

‑áhanâsómeotse   vai. dysentary, die from defecating. fai: ‑âsóme. É‑áhanâsómeotse. He died from defecating.

‑áhanâše'še   vai. die from drinking ; be extremely drunk ; dead drunk ; pass out from drinking. fai: ‑ase'še. É‑áhanâše'še. He's dead drunk.

‑áhanâšé'šee'e    vai. sit dead drunk. fai: ‑asé'še. É‑áhanâšé'šee'e. He's sitting dead drunk.

‑áhanâšé'šeóó'e     vai. stand dead drunk. fai: ‑asé'še. É‑áhanâšé'šeóó'e. ?? He's standing dead drunk. See: ‑áhanâšé'šee'e 'sit dead drunk'.

‑áhanâšé'šeše vai. lie dead drunk. fai: ‑asé'še. É‑áhanâšé'šéše. ?? He's lying dead drunk.

‑áhanatamáno'e   vii. be intense. naa éohtôséema'xe‑áhanatamáno'e Ma'hþÿ'o tsévéstomoétse and it's surely a glorifying thing which God has promised us (1987:241)

‑áhanátamao'ó vai. intensely laugh. f: ‑átamao'ó. É‑áhanátamaÿ'o. He laughed so hard.

áhane‑ pv. very much, extremely, intensely. É‑áhanepêhéva'e. It is really good. Né‑áhanepéotâtse. I really hate you!/I hate you to death! (terrible thing to say to someone) See: háe‑; ma'xe‑; otá'‑; heóme‑.

‑áhane'haná    vai. eat and die, eat and get sick. É‑áhane'hýna. He ate so much he threw up.

‑áhanemas    vta. shoot s.o. fatally. f: ‑emas. É‑áhanemâsóho. He fatally shot him. Mósta=tósa'e=tónêše‑áhanemâsôhevóhe. They must have wounded him fatally someplace (in his body). See: ‑am 'shoot s.o.'.

‑áhaneméohe vai. exhausted from running. fai: ‑méohe. É‑áhaneméohe. He's so tired from running.

‑áhanénome    vai. die from sleep. Nêsta‑áhanénome. You will die from sleep (because you sleep so much). Usage: usually humorous.

‑áhaneoestôhþne 1) vai. knock dead, swat. 2) sleep really well. É‑áhaneoestôhþne. He slept really well (lit. he's been knocked dead). Usage: fig.

‑áhaneoestoh(n)   vta. swat; beat s.o. to death; kill rapidly s.o. by tool (or on body); knock out s.o.; knock s.o. dead. É‑áhaneoestôhnóho. He knocked him dead. Áhaneoestôheha! Swat/kill him! (for example, a fly) Náéše‑áhaneoestÿhno. I already killed him. Né'‑áhaneoestóestse Knock me out (for example, on my head)! See: ‑oest.

‑áhaneoešêšem vta. kill s.o. in a wreck, kill s.o. by throwing down. vai: ‑áhaneoešeše(ná). É‑áhaneoešêšemóho. He caused his death in a wreck.

‑áhaneoešeše   vai. die in a wreck. vta: ‑áhaneoešêšem. É‑áhaneoešþše. He was killed in an accident (for example, a car wreck). naa tsé'tó='ésevone éxxamaetsêho'êšenasêstse tsétaohke‑áhaneoešesêstse And this buffalo was just lying all over, dying from colliding with (the tree). (1987:309)

‑áhaneoeve   vai. die of scabies. É‑áhaneoeve He died of scabies. See: ‑oeve.

‑áhaneoha'ov vta. kill s.o. by stepping on. É‑áhaneoha'ovóho. He squashed him (esp. by stepping on him). See: ‑áhana'ov.

‑áhanêsenove vai. very bad. vta: ‑áhanêsenovem. É‑áhanêsenove. He is really bad. See: ‑háenove; ‑momáta'ehe.

‑áhanêstáhá    vai. be very angry. f: ‑htáhá. é'‑áhanêstáhahoo'o He was very angry

‑áhaneše vai. tumble, fall, trip. Lit: 'extremely-lie'. É‑áhanþše. He tumbled. See: ‑hotôhta'á; ‑áva'ó; ‑ováhaneše; ‑háeoešeše.

‑áhanôhéné (hone?) vai. hit. É‑áhanôhéne ? He hit See: ‑oom.

‑áhanóhkona'he   vai. be very small and skinny. É‑áhanóhkona'he He is extremely small and skinny See: ‑tóhkona'he.

‑áhanoh(n)   vta. swat; beat up; club s.o. É‑áhanôhnóho. He clubbed him. Ho'honaa'o évé'šeáhanôhestsénovo. They are throwing rocks at each other. (lit., by means of rocks they are throwing rocks at each other) See: ‑oom; ‑ne'enéseh.

‑ahanóhtá vti. bite s.t. fti: ‑óhtá; vta: ‑ahanom. É‑ahanóhta. He bit it. Ahanóhtôhtse! Bite it!

áhano'eéh vta. exhaust s.o. syn: ‑áhana'xe. É‑áhano'eéhahtse. He wore himself out from sex.

‑áhano'enohe vai. overly full of food. Ná‑áhano'enohe. I'm so stuffed.

‑ahanó'sané vai. bite. vti: ‑ahanóhtá; vta: ‑ahanom.

  Newzad, attached is a file with the first 3 pages of our Cheyenne dictionary. It is in the format Exported from Toolbox.
  Wayne
  -----
  Wayne Leman
  Cheyenne website: http://www.geocities.com/cheyenne_language

    Dear all,

    Would someone please show me how it look likes when one print a Toolbox data file on paper? In which layout the data appear?

    /Newzad Hirori